National Margarita Day is February 22, but Margaritaville resorts has declared the whole month of February Margarita Month. It’s launched an annual, month-long event that celebrates the (un)official cocktail of the laid-back.
If a light-hearted, flip-flop wearing tropical escape is on the agenda to reconnect with your loved one, Margaritaville resorts are the place, and of course, a frosty margarita is how you toast that moment you ease into your lounge chairs on the beach.
With their iconic, oversized flip-flip lobby sculptures and tapping into the “searching for my lost shaker of salt” mood, three Karisma - Margaritaville resorts are filling February with exclusive tastings, contests, rallies, live DJ sets, special food and cocktail offerings, spa services, and much more than “booze in the blender.”
Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic (which has an adults-only section as well as a family-friendly section for those who want to cultivate the romance and leave the kids with their grandparents) and Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Cancun (pictured, above) in Mexico will blend up daily Margarita Month activities with a special Challenge hosted on National Margarita Day, February 22, called 'Surfing in a Hurricane Rally,” a rally that will play host to 5 challenges from Margarita Ping Pong to a Margarita Popsicle eating challenge, ending with a big, resort-wide party.
They will also host other daily events and activities related to music, sports, and food and cocktail specials. Spa upgrades like the Gingerita 50-minute massage will be available to guests at Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Cancun, featuring a citrus massage, watermelon, and vodka exfoliation, and silky ginger sorbet lotion. And frozen Margarita Massages will be available at Margaritaville Island Reserve Cap Cana.
Margaritaville St. Somewhere Punta Coco, Holbox Island (pictured above), on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula will toast Margarita Month with iconic property-wide events like Taco Tuesday at the Harbour House, Margarita & Grill Party at the Sand Bar Beach, Sunday Margarita Pool Parties, floating margarita bars, forgotten Mexican spirit tasting experiences, rotating specialty margaritas, and more.
There couldn’t be a better time to “shake up” your relationship with a laid-back, beach vacation, Margaritaville-style – along with a celebration of its namesake tropical tequila-based cocktail.
Start Your Beach Vacation!
Images courtesy Karisma Hotels & Resorts/ Margaritaville Island Reserve & St. Somewhere Resorts
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- These Resorts have been Named Top in the Caribbean for the 30th Time at the 30th World Travel Awards
- Air France Celebrates its 90th Anniversary with - What Else? High Fashion
- Oktoberfest on the Beach? Yes, You Can!
- New Ships Debut on Two Sensational Rivers: France’s Rhone and the Nile
- Here a Ship, There a Ship, Everywhere a New Ship
- Lie Flat Beds in Economy Class? This Airline Says, "Yes, You Can!"
- Why This Mexican Mountain Town Keeps Getting Voted 'Best Small City In The World'
- Every 10 Years, This ‘World’s Fair’ of Flowers Upstages Netherlands’ Tulip Time. Don’t Miss Floriade 2022
- How the Postponed Tokyo Olympic Games Will Feature Japan's National Sport
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel