It's one of the top destinations in Europe, let alone the Mediterranean. Barcelona tops everyone's travel bucket list, and for excellent reasons.
- It has a collection of some of the world's most unique and distinctive Modernist architecture - hint: by the same local designer whose masterpiece church is still under construction 130 years after it was begun.
- One of Europe's most famous local markets, and restaurants serving the abundant harvest of Catalonia's land and sea.
- One of the world's most picturesque pedestrian promenades (where you'll find the tongue-in-cheek bronze 'Thinking Bull' statue that plays on the iconic 'The Thinker' by Rodin, pictured above).
- And a lifestyle any visitor is loathe to leave.
We never depart on a cruise from Barcelona without taking time to indulge in one of our favorite cities, and of course, any tour of Spain or the Western Mediterranean wouldn't be complete without an immersion in Barcelona's culture and way of life.
See the best of Barcelona come to life in the BestTrip video above, and...
Start your Trip!
- Get a Glimpse of Real New Zealand in the Fantasy World of the New Lord of the Rings Series
- 7 Festivals and Events that Make Hawaii Irresistible This Fall
- That's a 'First:' Norwegian Prima's Christening by Katy Perry Launches a Whole New Class of Ships
- The Caribbean Island Named #1 for Both Honeymoons - and Adventure!
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises' New Shore Excursions Immerse You in Ecology, Design
- How the Postponed Tokyo Olympic Games Will Feature Japan's National Sport
- Every 10 Years, This ‘World’s Fair’ of Flowers Upstages Netherlands’ Tulip Time. Don’t Miss Floriade 2022
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel
- Lie Flat Beds in Economy Class? This Airline Says, "Yes, You Can!"
- Milan's Shuttered Duomo will Ring with the Voice of an 'Angel' as Bocelli Performs Easter Concert